Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Oh, it's already going too fast!  I'm lamenting it's loss, and it's only 9 a.m.  Caitlin returns from her SNOWBOUND trip today.  It's a church sponsored weekend up in a cabin near Buena Vista, with NO ELECTRONICS!! (gasp)  just your bible and your youth group friends.  I can't wait to see her.

Abi had a pretty great sister free weekend, but is eager to have her home too.  She had a rummage through Caitlins room, hung out on her loft bed with the cat, and enjoyed our undivided attention.  And, we are eating Cheetos and watching the Hunger Games for a second time - giggle.

Grandma was over all day yesterday - it was a very good day.  She was telling me stories of other residents, and sounded more herself than she has .. .  since before her fall.  I said to myself, "Roberta is back. "  She has been through so much since November, - so that makes just 2 and a half months.  Unbelievable.  So, I think I hope that she is still going to settle out close to where she was before her fall.



My post - Pros and cons of living in "the home" as Roberta calls it.  Con - giving "the Gillis honk" as you drive away probably isn't appreciated by the other residents.  
and Mom's post - It is so nice to be away from the home for the bewildered where the same story is retold a second time before you have a chance to leave the table! 

Next weekend is the Broncos go to the Superbowl - Superbowl Sunday.  I owe my Auntie Fran a taunting phone call, and she is a huge Seahawks fan (Vashon Island).  Maybe I can squeeze that in today.

Me - I had my SAMs meeting at Vista Peak Prep - basically an evaluation.  They love me, I feel appreciated, it's a good place to be.  I need to take the time now to polish up my portfolio - and I'll be all set for the next one!

What else.  Kevin is working out this morning taking a momentary break from his home improvement projects.  I know I've described this before, but once more - he started by painting the entire outside of the house himself, replaced a window in the small downstairs bathroom; which lead him INSIDE the house.  Now he's redone that bathroom, and is starting the laundry room and fireplace room.  Go KEVIN!

1 comment:

  1. your bathroom turned out so great -- you should so post the pictures, very cool! Isaac is upset with me that I didn't get it together to send him to snowbound :( bad mom (you are a good mom :D)

    ReplyDelete

What’s all the fuss

im blogging to see if a few years from now this was really the beginning of the end for PPG. As I think it is.  I have to stay off Facebook ...